Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Relay for Life 2011

I participated in Relay for Life last weekend.  I was on the HES team and truly had a blast.  It's great knowing that we were all raising money for a great cause and having a blast at the same time.  There was so much going on from Zumba (which I still refuse to participate in...i have no rhythm), Tumble Bus and bounce housesfor the kids, cake walks, pie throwing contests, great food, and live bands throughout the day.  Randi recruited me to do the box car race with her.  We had to run around the track inside a cardboard sdonkey...I'm sure that was a sight to see, but we won the race so it made it worth it.  Randi and Angie Duncan did an excellent job creating the donkey boxcar.  Cameron and Jaylee spent the afternoon/evening with me at the track.  However, I rarely saw them because they were to busy running around playing with their friends.  I can't wait to participate next year and raise some more money to hopefully find a cure for cancer!!!!

All of the preschools combined to sing some songs for the crowd/walkers. It was so cute seeing all the kids sing their hearts out.

Cameron and Kaidence, one of her friends from Little Learning Ranch.  

Cameron and Kaidence must have pulled Jaylee and Jayden (Kaidence's sister) around the track in this wagon 10 times.  The little girls LOVED it and the big girls got to release A LOT of energy.  :)

Here is the official HES "boxcar" donkey...so cute!!!  We had so much fun.