Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day #2!

Ok, there is only so much snow I can handle.  If you know me, you know I do not enjoy being stuck at home...especially inside the house.  All of this snow/ice is really starting to get old.  Although, I have had some great bonding time with my 2 girls.  I feel like today all I accomplished was eating, breaking up fights, eating some more, doing manicures with hot pink nail polish, breaking up a few more fights, then eating a little more.  Really, it hasn't been that bad, but I am hoping to venture out tomorrow even if it's just to drive to DQ for a drink.  I am starting to have major withdrawls from my DQ drinks.  Below are a few pictures I snapped to capture day #2 stuck at home.

 
The girls have really been into building tents around house.  They gather every blanket and toy they can find to make the biggest tent.  I honestly remember building tents when I was younger and having a blast.  It must be a girl thing...

Later on this morning, I knew it seemed awfully quiet in the house.  I went to my bedroom and saw this...Cameron and Jaylee taking a break from playing and catching up on some cartoons. And yes, they both are "thumb suckers."  Cameron says she only does it when she is tired.  :)

After a long morning of playing dress-up, doing manicures/pedicures, building tents, doing art, and playing chase, I decided it was time for lunch and then a much needed nap for everyone, (myself included).  Well, we all went down for a nap around 1:30.  At 5 pm, I decided I better wake Jaylee up so she will go to sleep tonight.  I walked into her room and found her sleeping like this...seriously, can this be comfortable???  So cute though!  She has always buried her head up in the corner of the bed, but I have never found her with both legs sticking out of the crib!!!


John made it home from work around 5:30.  I decided he needed to load us girls up in the truck to go riding around.  It was so nice to be out of the house, even if it was just for a while.  We went over to his parents and ate some dinner. I could tell Cameron and Jaylee were excited to be out as much as me.  After we left, we let them play in the snow for a bit before heading in to take baths.  This time, daddy got to join in on the fun with us!