Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day= Fun Day!!!

Today, the girls and I spent the day at home due to some deep snow.  I didn't actually believe it would get this bad being that it was so nice this past weekend.  Well, when we woke up this morning, the ground was covered with snow.  The first thing out of Cameron's mouth was "when can I go out and make a snow angel."  So, while Jaylee was still asleep (yes, my baby still sleeps until 9:30-10 am), Cameron and I put our warm clothes on and went outside.  Little did I know, it was ~14 degrees with a wind chill of -1.  It was FREEZING!!!! We stayed outside long enough for Cameron to throw some snow in the air then headed quickly back inside.

The girls and I spent the rest of the morning inside.  Although Cameron froze when she was out in the snow, she continued to ask me when we could go back out and play. I swear she kept asking me every 5 minutes!  I told her if she took a good nap, we would go outside when we all woke up.  So, both girls took great nap and Cameron was ready to go out when she woke up. I dressed both girls in layers of clothes, boots, mittens, coats, and hats.  Finally, I braved the cold for the 2nd time and took the girls out.  The smiles on their faces as they played in the snow made it all worth it.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been having John home to play with us.


 Jaylee's 1st time to play in the snow...she LOVED it!!!


Cameron had a blast out in the snow...I loved seeing how happy she was!

After Jaylee saw Cameron throwing snow in the air, she thought she would give it a try. First, she had to figure out how to get the snow in her huge mittens.

Finally, Jaylee got enough snow to throw in the air.  :)



What a fun day we had...Cameron & Jaylee LOVED every minute of it!