Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cameron's 1st Soccer Game

This past Saturday Cameron had her 1st soccer game.  I was so bummed because I was in Houston and would not be able watch her play.  I told John to take lots of pictures and send me a video of her playing.  The game started at 10 am in Wichita Falls.  It was about 35 degrees with the wind blowing about 40 mph.  If anyone has been to the soccer fields in Wichita, then you know it was FREEZING!!!! However, the girls bundled up in warm clothes and played a great game.

I have to admit I was a little worried about how Cameron would do at her first game. She is so "girly" and shows no motivation or competiveness during practices.  However, on game day, John's exact words to me on the phone were..."Cameron showed up to play and did awesome!" John went on to tell me she scored 3 goals and played hard the entire game.  I was so proud of Cameron and hated I missed her game.

This was Cameron and John before they left for the game.  John actually did an excellent job playing "Mr. Mom" while I was out of town.  Look at those "pig tails" Cameron is sporting...and Jaylee is definitely not having the early morning game.  :)


I am guessing Coach Rowdy is giving Cameron some kind of "pep talk" during the game.  He is a great coach and definitely has more patience than I ever thought of having. 


The 4 "Rowdy Angels"...our other player was out of town, so needless to say, these 4 girls got their exercise during the first game of the year!  AND...Cameron loved every minute of it and can't wait until the next game!