Monday, March 28, 2011

I Did IT!!!

This past Sunday, I accomplished a goal...completed the Dallas Rock-&-Roll 1/2 marathon.  Some of my friends and I decided we would train together and run in the same race.  Starting in January, we started running 3-4 times during the week on our own, then would meet to do the long runs together on the weekend.  I really enjoyed getting to run with such great friends and feel this experience brought us closer together.  I don't know what I am going to do with myself come Saturday when I don't get to meet up with the "girls" for a 10 mile run. We are definitely going to do it again next year.  I also couldn't have been able to train for this race had it not been for John and my family, who not only helped watch the kids so I could run, but supported and encouraged me throughout this journey.

So, race day finally came.  I can honestly say I was so nervous I couldn't eat the day before.  I kept telling myself that I was physically prepared, but it was the "fear of the unknown."  Race day finally arrived and I was ready to get it over with.  I had set a personal goal to finish in 2 hrs, 10 min WITHOUT walking/stopping.  Well, I met my goal by finishing in 1 hr, 58 min and did not walk/stop the entire time.  When I crossed the finish line, I said to myself that I can't wait to run in this race again next year.  It was so much fun and the weather was great conditions for running. I was only able to get 2 pics with my camera, because I didn't want to take it with me while I ran.

This is the 4 "1/2 Marathon Mamas."  That is what the back of our shirts said.  :)
From left to right: Randi, Shea, Kendra, & me


This is a pic of us after crossing the finish line and receiving our "finisher" medals!!! 
BTW, our headbands said "This is My Race Pace!"