Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cameron starts KG!!!!!

Well, the big day finally arrived...Cameron started KG!  She has been asking me for over a year, "how many more days til I start KG?" and the time finally came.  She was so EXCITED to start school.  She attended the Little Learning Ranch the past 2 years and was ready to go to the "BIG" school.  The night before the first day of school she did the following to prepare: 1. picked out her outfit with a matching bow and shoes, 2. had me paint her finger nails and toe nails,  3. set her alarm so she would be sure not to oversleep...we did that A LOT last year :-) 4. make sure her backpack was set out so she would not forget it, 5. was in bed and asleep by 8:30 (which I think this was the earliest she had been to bed in about 6 months). 

Needless to say, the first day of school was a success.  John and I walked her into her classroom.  She went straight to her desk and began to color in her own coloring book.  She did not shed a tear, although I felt a 'lil teary eyed.  She was so big and seemed all "grown-up" being at school.  Throughout the day, I walked by the classroom to check on her.  Everytime I saw her, she was smiling and having a great time.  According to Cameron, the first day of KG was "a blast" and she didn't want to go home at the end of the day.  As a parent, I couldn't ask for anything else.



Loved this pic because our dog, Monster, decided to make an appearance and pose.


In the car on the way to school...look at that happy smile.



This is Cameron outside her clasroom...I am enjoying these moments where she lets me take her pics because I know they won't last long. :-)



Cameron and Mrs. Susan, her KG teacher